vzaar is a video hosting for business, preloaded with features such as customisation, security, content management and analytics.
The website needed a modern and fresh appeal. We wanted to be much clearer about the services that vzaar provides, and target them more specifically.
Our aim was to communicate the position of vzaar in the market, highlight the service strengths compared with our competitors and increase the number of conversions.
Creating a new look for the brand and keep the visual communication of the company unified.
The home page couldn’t be seen in isolation. It was the whole site which needed harmonising with a deep understanding of the products vzaar offers.
As a front end developer I looked for building a maintainable website. The site supported years and years of code. But now was the time to reconsider a new code structure and get the best of new code languages.
As the only designer in the company I was responsible for the web and mobile interface experience. One of my goals was to make a more modern and beautiful design - not only enhancing the beauty of the UI, but also improving the UX according to business and customers needs.
- 23% increase in conversions from the Features Page compared with the last year.
- Bounce Rate decreased more than a 10%
I worked very closely with our head marketing, Hayley Dixon.
vzaar.com is now the product of great teamwork. Support, sales, developers, marketing, management - everyone had an essential role in its development.
Defining the problem
Before we could even begin to develop any ideas we needed to be clear about what we were trying to archive. We asked ourselves lots of questions:
◦ What are our objectives
◦ What information needs to be on the page to support our goals
◦ What information doesn’t need to be on the page
◦ What’s the hierarchy of the information
◦ What metrics need to be benchmarked for us measure success
◦ What are our customers looking for
◦ What makes vzaar different
We used different techniques to identify our customers' needs and the problems we needed to resolve. We analysed customer feedback coming from surveys, case studies and support tickets. Stakeholder interviews where key for understanding our customers' perspectives and a questionnaire for our managers gave us a sense of the company's priorities.
A very successful exercise was to send a questionnaire to the whole team. The aim was to identify our strengths, our weaknesses and also get a sense of the personality of our company that we wanted to communicate.
Thanks to In-Pages Analytics we saw that most of our users were clicking on features and pricing pages. We had too many links on our homepage that made the page confusing. In fact, less than 10% of our visitors were clicking on other sections of our main navigation.
Considering that a lot of traffic goes to our features pages, this is a hugely important section. We decided to use card sorting - using an open card-sorting for the features section, and a closed one for the main navigation.
We had 61 features, which was quite complicated to organise. Some of them are very technical so people didn’t know were to look to find them. This was extremely useful for grouping and naming the features, as well as identifying which aspects were confusing and even irrelevant.
We were ready to built the navigation tree, which was essential for planning the next steps. We couldn't launch the redesign of the whole site at the same time, so we had to identify which sections should be live first, and which ones could wait.
We had enough information to tell a story to describe who we are, what we do, and why we are a great service. We discussed and sketched the concepts that we wanted to transmit.
Prototyping and Testing
I did the the first sketches on paper as I believe it’s the best way to lay out ideas and start discussions.
We built a high quality prototype on Axure to share, test and discuss with the team.
The site were live in November of 2014.